Form One Admission (2024-2025)
Heep Yunn School is a Direct Subsidy School for girls that offers intensive development programs for students with diverse potentials. It is the mission of the school to provide our students with a Christian education that develops the whole person in the following areas: moral, intellectual, physical, social, aesthetic and spiritual, to instil in our girls a spirit of public service, and to build a firm foundation in both Chinese and English. The school is committed to inspiring our students to cherish and make good use of the talents each of them has been graced with; to excel, not only in one area of their work, but holistically in their all-round development.
Our school will not be participating in the Secondary School Places Allocation System of the Education Bureau. We welcome applications from across the territory.
School Contact Information
Principal: Ms. B. Leung
Address: 1 Farm Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Phone No: (852) 2711-0862
Fax No: (852) 2715-3755
Places available for the 2024-2025 school year
Online Application Period
Register for an account on our online admission application platform and fill out the application form(s).
Starting: 2:00 p.m. on 14th October, 2023 (Saturday)
Ending: 11:59 p.m. on 26th October, 2023 (Thursday)
- Applicants must complete the online application form(s) on or before 26th October, 2023 and print out a hard copy of the completed application form(s).
- The hard copy of the application form(s) must be submitted to the School Office in person on or before 28th October, 2023 (Saturday),12:00 p.m., together with all supporting documents and the entrance examination fee. Upon submission of the full set of application documents and payment of entrance examination fee ($75), a receipt will be issued, indicating the completion of the application procedures. Please note that we do not accept any submissions made by post.
- If the applicant only completes the online application form(s) without submitting the hard copy of the application form(s), supporting documents or the entrance examination fee, the application is deemed incomplete and no admission interviews will be arranged.
- Application Guidelines:
Applicants who have submitted their applications before the deadline will be invited to the first interview. Suitable applicants will be shortlisted and invited by email to attend the second interview held between December 2023 to March 2024.
- Date: 18th November, 2023 (Saturday)
- Time: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (tentative); time slots to be confirmed.
- Under normal circumstances, all applicants will be invited to attend the First Interview. An Interview Card indicating the interview time slot and other relevant information will be sent to the registered email address on 4th November, 2023 (Saturday).
- Applicants who need to sit school examinations, take part in competitions representing their schools/the Hong Kong region or other very important events and thereby cannot attend the First Interview at the scheduled time may email the school (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 8th November, 2023 (Wednesday), attaching documentary proof, and the school would try, if possible, to reschedule the interview time to accommodate the applicant’s request.
- Requests for rescheduling the interview due to personal reasons (e.g. interest classes, tutorial classes, family gatherings, travel plans) will not be entertained.
- Discretion to reschedule the interview rests solely with the school.
- Format: Individual interviews
- Language: English and Chinese (Cantonese)
- Non-Cantonese speaking applicants may opt for Putonghua.
- Applicants will be allocated to Cantonese/Putonghua interviews according to their choice of interview language in Form A. Last-minute changes of the interview language on the day of the First Interview may affect the results.
- Areas of assessment: Communication skills, language literacy, problem-solving skills, arithmetic skills, logical thinking ability and creativity.
- Attire: School uniform (suggested)
- Successful applicants will be notified through email during the period from December 2023 to mid-March 2024 to attend second interviews.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis from December 2023 to March 2024.
- Format: Shortlisted applicants and their parents will be interviewed by the Principal, Vice-principals, Assistant Principals or senior teachers.
- Submission of further supporting documents: After receipt of notification of the second interview, the applicant should email copies of (1) her Primary 6 report card and (2) a student portfolio (copies of certificates of academic achievements, awards, achievements in extra-curricular activities, etc) of no more than 8 single-sided A4 pages (or 4 double-sided A4 pages) to the following email address: email@example.com on or before the specified deadline stated in the notification of the second interview. If necessary, the applicant should reprint her certificates in a reduced format to fit the page limit.
- Language: English and Chinese (Cantonese) (Non-Cantonese speaking applicants may opt for Putonghua)
Sports Skills Test
- Skills tests will be administered for the following events (tentative):
Athletics, Cross Country & Triathlon (20/11 (Mon) afternoon)
Badminton (21/11 (Tue) afternoon)
Basketball (26/11 (Sun) morning)
Fencing (20/11 (Mon) afternoon)
Football (14/11 (Thu) afternoon)
Hockey (14/11 (Tue) afternoon)
Squash (22/11 (Wed) afternoon)
Swimming (19/11 (Sun) evening)
Table-tennis (22/11 (Wed) afternoon)
Tennis (13/11 (Mon) afternoon)
Volleyball (25/11 (Sat) afternoon)
- Applicants interested in taking part in the sports skills test must complete Form B (Sports Activities Form).
- Suitable applicants will be selected to take part in the skills test based on the information provided in Form B.
- Selected applicants will be invited to take part in the skills test through email no later than two days prior to the day of the skills test.
- Applicants interested in taking part in the music audition must complete Form C (Music Activities Form); applicants will be selected to take part in the audition based on the information provided.
- The audition will be held in December, 2023. The exact schedule of the audition will be confirmed in due course.
- Selected applicants will be invited to take part in the audition through email no later than 27th November, 2023.
|Assessed Items||Weighting %|
|Co-curricular activities and awards||20|
|Conduct / Attitude||20|
- Successful applicants and applicants on the waiting list will be notified of their application status no later than 28th April, 2024.
- Parents/Guardians of successful applicants must register by signing an undertaking with the school and submitting the Primary Six Student Record Form of their child/ward on or before 29th April, 2024.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified of their status on or before 30th April, 2024.
Notes to Parents
- To ensure complete fairness and objectivity in the admission process, applicants and their parents are reminded not to offer any advantages to school staff in connection with their applications.
- All personal data collected will be used for this application procedure only.
- All items submitted will not be returned and will be retained by the School until the end of the admission process. All documents submitted will be disposed of upon the completion of the admission process unless otherwise specified.
General Enquiries (Form One Admission):
Tel: 2711 0862
WhatsApp: 6049 9371 (messages only)
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday)
9:00 a.m. – 12 noon (Saturday)